Is Ludo Money a Game of Chance or Game of Skill?
- November 02, 2018
We consider any play a ‘game of skill‘ when a player contributes most of his time in sharpening the skill. Supreme Court has featured a game of skill as: “Where the achievement basically relies on the unmatched learning, preparing, knowledge and capability of the player.”
Thus, games of skills are not viewed as illegal in India as the skill prevails over chance.
Game of Chance:
These games are majorly impacted by factors like luck and odd factors of the result. Supreme Court has ruled, “The results of these are totally unverifiable and uncertain.”
Important Court Verdicts:
The Supreme Court in 1968 tried whether Rummy was a game of skill or game of chance. It held that Rummy does not exclusively rely upon chance and skill is a fundamental factor.
In 1996, the Supreme Court ruled ‘Horse Racing’ a game of skill and not betting.
Poker set up itself as a game of skill in 2013 after police attacked a poker room called Hi-5 club. Bangalore High Court later made a notable decision for the club and named poker as the game of skill in 2013.
There are many other states which have maintained a blurry stance on the game of poker.
Is Ludo Money a Game of Skill?
Absolutely, Ludo Money is a game of skill. The reasons include: –
- Although Ludo is a game that is entirely dependent on a dice roll, it is totally a player’s call how he/she decides to use that move.
- It is a game wherein a player’s skills dominate his/her luck.
- There are 4 different scenarios and thus, 4 different positions that a player has to move his/her token in.
- It is a 15-20 minute game, which means it is time-consuming.
- It involves a high amount of concentration which means a player has to put his/her skills to need.
- It is a trustworthy and reliable real money game with a paytm gateway.
So, by collecting the bits of the puzzle one can conclude that essentially the courts have ruled game of chances illegal on moral grounds, but the games that make use of skills have been exempted.
Users can enjoy Ludo Money as it is purely a game of entertainment and a means of passing time. You can brush up your ludo skills with this game and have a great time with your friends. We do not promote any underage players.
A player must be 18 years or older to play this game.